Sunday, April 18, 2010

Week 11: Open Source Software

Open source software is computer software provided under a software license that permits users to study, change, and improve the software. It is very often developed in a public, collaborative manner and available within public domains. It is free of charge and conveniant for users with the only drawback being if the software is not working there is noone to help figure out the problem.
I could definitly see this type of software benefitting me in my future field of work, sports management. Many programs that are available through open source software will allow me to create more efficient documents, become more creative, and help me organize not only my work but my thoughts and ideas. Also the fact that it is free could save the organization money and spend it elsewhere.
This website is a great site for finding free open source software. It includes everything ranging from filesharing and backup to security and games. If you are a beginner to open source software this is a great website to get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment